Any land development or work carried out next to the rail corridor should be appropriate and respect the importance of the railway land.
We have produced the Rail Development Interface Guidelines to help ensure any development next to railway land does not adversely affect transport operations.
The guideline is for:
- Anyone planning to do works or develop land next to the rail corridor
- Other agencies and decision makers needing a reference or guidance
The guideline covers matters including:
- The importance of protecting railway land
- What to consider before building next to railway land
- Construction considerations
- Legal agreements
If you have any questions, please contact our Property Customer Service Coordinator on (03) 9619 8889 or at firstname.lastname@example.org