We are transforming the area around Hampton Station to create a revitalised precinct for commuters and the community.
The project will make the area around the station safer, more vibrant and more accessible through station precinct improvements and a new mixed-use development.
The development will include apartments and retail spaces. We are also partnering with Homes Victoria, who is overseeing the delivery of new social housing units as part of the development.
- An improved station forecourt and reconfigured bus interchange.
- New commuter car parking, increasing parking at the station by 19 spaces.
- A new development with apartments, retail spaces and 18 social housing units.
Construction on the project got underway in July 2021.
The works are being completed in two stages:
- Stage 1: Works to extend the commuter car park on Railway Crescent. These works were completed in December 2021 and the Railway Crescent car park is now open.
- Stage 2: Construction of the mixed-use development, for approximately two years from December 2021. The Koolkuna Lane car park is permanently closed and all parking at the station is in the Railway Crescent car park.