We are transforming the area around Hampton Station to create a revitalised precinct for commuters and the community.
The project will make the area around the station safer, more vibrant and more accessible through station precinct improvements and a new mixed-use development.
The development will include apartments and retail spaces. We are also partnering with Homes Victoria, who is overseeing the delivery of new social housing units as part of the development.
- An improved station forecourt and reconfigured bus interchange.
- New commuter car parking, increasing parking at the station by approximately 19 spaces.
- A new development with apartments, retail spaces and 18 social housing units.
Construction on the project is underway from July 2021.
The works will be completed in two stages:
- Stage 1: Construction of a new commuter car park on Railway Crescent, for approximately four months. While these works take place the Railway Crescent commuter car park will be closed.
- Stage 2: Construction of the mixed-use development, for approximately two years.
For more information please see the project flyer.
For more information about the Railway Crescent car park closure, please see the Metro Trains website.