Before you apply
Before you apply for a telecommunications permit to work, you must:
1. Apply for a single asset license to install utilities if you intend to:
- install and/or maintain oil, gas, water, stormwater and other pipelines
- install and/or maintain electricity and telecommunications cables (including fibre optic cables)
- construct and/or maintain earthworks (including reforming drains, constructing levee banks and occupational crossings)
- construct and/or maintain footbridges and underpasses
- install attachments to tram poles
- install and/or maintain groundwater monitoring wells
2. Obtain any permits or approvals from rail corridor operators and lessees to carry out your work.
3. Apply for a permit to work at least:
- 24 hours before you need access
- 5 business days for a hazard
- 15 business days for an outage.
4. Call in and out if your application is successful i.e. onsite workers must:
- notify us every day before works start by completing the call in/call out form
- notify us every day before leaving the site by completing the call in/call out form
- notify us when all works are finished by completing the closure form
How to applyStep 1: Prepare your drawings, method of procedure or scope of works, and safety documents such as SWMS, TRA or JSEA. Please ensure any safety documents reference the VicTrack Network Protection Policy TS-SP 015.
Step 2: Download the permit to work application form
Step 3: Send the permit to work application form with attachments to email@example.com
Safety informationPlease see a safety notice which applies when working in the vicinity of trams under rail bridges.
Applications are reviewed internally and take up to three days to process.
Contact informationIf you do not have a reference number for your case, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org first.
If you have a reference number, please contact Change Management at email@example.com or (03) 9619 8008 and quote your RITM, CS or CHG number.